We missed you and look forward to seeing you! Courses available now!
The Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) was developed in partnership with the provinces and territories, national organizations with an ongoing interest in firearms safety, and many firearms and hunter education course instructors from across Canada. The content of this course is controlled and approved by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Canadian Firearms Program and was developed to meet the mandatory requirements of the Firearms Act.
To be eligible to apply for a Possession and Acquisition Licence, classroom participation in the full CFSC is mandatory for first-time licence applicants. Once the course is completed, individuals will then have to pass the tests.
Topics covered in the CFSC include:
* the evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions;
* basic firearms safety practices;
* operating firearm actions;
* safe handling and carry procedures;
* firing techniques and procedures;
* care of non-restricted firearms;
* responsibilities of the firearms owner/user; and,
* safe storage, display, transportation and handling of non-restricted firearms.